Living in Big city … space is big problems … Homes are no longer big or on the ground … space is becoming a constraint in cities like Delhi / Mumbai / Bangalore … So make your room or space look bigger and better … 5 sneaky ways to make small space look bigger … expanding tricks to help you maximize your square footage.
1. Space It Out :Shoving furniture against the wall doesn’t guarantee a larger room. Try angling your bed or our favorite trick of floating the sofa in the living room with a skinny console behind it. Breathing room around your furniture lends the appearance of more space.
2. Paint with Light Hues : Dark colors are definitely design-friendly, but they make a room appear smaller. Stick to pale colors such as white, cream, pale grays and blues to keep it light, airy and open.
3. Use Multifunctional Pieces :Investing in furniture that serves many functions is a simple way to streamline a room. Try a vintage steamer trunk or an ottoman with built-in storage to tuck away blankets and books for a clean look.
4. Use Mirrors : Mirrors are the quickest way to make a room appear larger. While you may not want wall-to-wall, lean an oversized full-length one against a key wall or hang multiple ones salon style to create a statement wall.
5. Pop Your Ceilings : While bright white opens up a room (on walls), going for a dark ceiling creates depth while fun fixtures draw your eye upward, creating the illusion of height