India’s definitive Design Week is starting at NSIC Grounds Okhla from February 12th – 14th 2016. This Ogaan initiative, presented by Asian Paints is now in its fourth successful year and will bring together renowned designers across the globe to showcase and exchange dialogue on various perspective of this domain.The platform for India Design ID 2016 will comprise of three verticals – Exhibit ID, ID Symposium powered by Roca and ID Satellite. These three arms will bring together prominent design experts and international design visionaries to share their experiences, knowledge and aesthetics through exhibitions, installations and discussions.
Commenting on the initiative, Gaurav Mashruwala, CEO, Ogaan Media Pvt. Ltd. Says, “Ogaan has always been at the forefront of furthering the cause of design, be it fashion or lifestyle and decor. As we embark on our journey for the fourth edition of India Design ID 2016, we are proud to reinforce our role in fostering talent and growing the business of design in the country”.
Exhibit ID is an exhibition space that will showcase the finest in home decoration, with high-end brands and designers unveiling their latest collections. This year, we present themed pavilions, namely Decoration, Design and Trends. Housed within the Decoration Pavilion will be the best in décor, the Trends Pavilion will present the Colour Next trend forecasts for 2016, and the newly christened Design Pavilion showcases the talents of designers and design labels.
The Decoration Pavilion will include established names such as SPACES Home and Beyond, arttd’inox, Antonio Lupi, beyondDESIGNS, K2India, Poltrona Frau Group, Baaroq Designs, Sarita Handa, The Charcoal Project, The Pure Concept and CJ Living to name a few.
The Trends Pavilion will feature designer interpretations of the colour trends forecast for 2016. Asian Paints will announce their Colour Next 2016 forecasts at the event to supplement the efforts of creating awareness and backing the design intent of India Design ID 2016.
While announcing the Colour Next 2016, Mr. Amit Syngle, President – Sales, Marketing and Technology, Asian Paints says, “We are living in times when decor and design is getting more and more democratized. Consumers across all walks of life are taking a strong interest in the process of creating their beautiful home. As people change, their expectations from product and service providers also change. It’s now not enough to hand over a product to the consumer, but to create a story and experience around it as well. At Asian Paints, each of our products say a story that is unique in the industry and representation for the consumer. Walls are the canvas of expression for these stories. Whether it be through the inspiring trends of Colour Next, or through a curated wallpaper collection, Sabyasachi by Nilaya, or a beautiful collection of wall finishes from Royale Play. It’s all about creating a choice of inspiration for the consumer, making his home a unique piece of self-expression”
And finally the outdoor space will feature installations by leading designers like Peek-a-boo Patterns, CMYK Book Store, Studio Wood, Bird Fire, THE PURE CONCEPT, Alex Davis and many more.
This year there is a second decoration pavilion called New Decoration which is an addition to India Design ID 2016 which will feature new exhibitors namely, Diviana, Fcdi – FCML Design initiative, SAINT-GOBAIN, Square inch, Spaces Home and Beyond, Häfele India and Sunil Sethi Design Alliance.
ID Symposium, powered by Roca seeks to inspire the design fraternity in India, and also offer a networking opportunity to build relationships within the industry. ID Symposium would feature engaging speakers from different walks of life, such as Ashiesh Shah, Dominique Jean-Lavabre, Nipa Doshi, Tom Dixon, Fernando Menis, Greg Reaves, Mario Bellini, India Mahdavi and Toyo Ito to name a few.
Pau Abello Pellicer, MD, Roca Bathroom Products Pvt Ltd. said “The India Design ID Symposium generates a great sense of anticipation among the international design community. It portrays an ideal platform to interact with eminent luminaries, with a passion of turning dream living spaces into a reality. The blended pairing of business and creativity, tradition with technology gives an opportunity to showcase the path-breaking advancements that Roca brings in the area of design, innovation and creativity in the bathroom products category. The bath gets a lux experiential makeover with a cultural transfer of ethos and values that stimulate architecture guide to urban design and development that is changing the way we live, one building at a time. By sharing we can be original. At Roca, we do things different and we are setting the trends in design and innovation – even setting new industry standards by providing high-quality solutions for the consumers who value excellence”
This year visitors to India Design ID 2016 will have a wide array of eating options to choose from, such as Brown Sugar, Dunkin Donuts, Jugmug Thela, The Park Café, Junglee Billee, Ploof At The Beach, F.A.T Chef, The Backyard, Zeaside, Drifters Café.
ID Satellite, the hip offsite vertical discovers design districts of Delhi with promotions, collaborations and events across different venues through week long festivities at design districts like Lado Sarai, Meharchand Market, Shahpur Jat, Defence Colony, and MG Road with new additions at Khan Market and Greater Kailash which will have the capital buzzing with design. The participating venues will feature design-linked activities across lifestyle stores, restaurants, malls, bookshops, galleries, select public/private locations, with an explosion of launches, new collections, cocktails, previews, reviews and special events.
Last year’s event saw over 21,000 visitors, from the design trade as well as design-conscious consumers, and this year the numbers are expected to be substantially higher.
Highlights of India Design ID 2016
- Launch of the New Decoration Pavilion which is an addition to India Design ID 2016 which will feature new exhibitors namely, Diviana, Fcdi – FCML Design initiative, SAINT-GOBAIN, Square inch, Spaces Home and Beyond, Häfele India and Sunil Sethi Design Alliance.
- Launched in collaboration with ELLE DECOR India in 2014, Godrej Design Lab was conceptualised to challenge the country’s brilliant design minds to envision furniture of the future. This platform introduced by Godrej Interio sought out deserving individuals through call for entries. In its second edition this year, eight finalists will get a chance to showcase at India Design ID 2016 with a probable manufacturing possibility with Godrej Interio, making their way into the brand’s permanent collection.
- EDIDA, in association with Sunil Sethi Design Alliance, is more than an award…it is a title. And year after year, ELLE DECOR has awarded the best and brightest beacons of design. This Indian edition of an international award has been recognizing home grown talent for 14 years now. An internal jury selects the best products 9 home decor segments and 3 exclusive categories. The Winning products of EDIDA 2015 will be on display at India Design ID 2016.
- This year we have interesting outdoor installations from Pure Concept, Alex Davis and Rat[LAB] Interiors among others;
- One of Pure Concept’s installations is Rocaille echoes the stylisation of the French Rococo, with bold vivid colours keeping collection current & fresh
- Alex Davis’s installation is a sculpture called “tree of wisdom”
- Rat[LAB] Interior brings us a feature installation called ‘Amorphous Surfaces’ built to demonstrate transformative methods of planar orthogonal spaces to fluid and amorphous spaces through digitally fabricated surface treatments.
- ELLE DECOR and Asian Paints bring to you the popular 60 minute Pecha Kucha fun presentations by Amit Syngle, Kalhan Mattoo, Manish Gulati, Punit Jasuja, Sanjay Puri and Sonal Sancheti.
- Opening VIP Preview: To commence post the Asian Paints ColourNext 2016 launch on the 11th of February, 2016 followed by three days of exhibition.
A great amalgamation of International Speakers attending India Design ID 2016 to watch out for: Dominique Jean-Lavabre, Tom Dixon, Fernando Menis, Greg Reaves, Mario Bellin and Toyo Ito.
- ID Symposium closes with an exclusive solo session by Toyo Ito on Architecture: Today for
- ID Talks a new interactive video-based digital property launched under the India Design ID 2016 banner, dedicated to spreading ideas in interiors and design.
- India Arch Dialogue is an initiative of FCML with ID Symposium to bring together the work of the world’s renowned architects at India Design ID 2016 exhibition grounds in the form of an architectural exhibit which will have a presentation, dialogue and a model show.
- Visit the ELLE DECOR booth to participate in a fun contest and win prizes.
- At India Design ID, Square Inch is collaborating with three leading Indian architects as well as select décor brands to interpret three live Living Room set-ups according to different décor styles. So Anagram Architects will create an Indian Ethnic themed Living Room; Sonali Purewal Design will interpret a contemporary loft and Studio Incept will conceptualise a classic themed living room.Don’t forget to join the design revolution with ID Satellite starting from 5th to the 14th Feb across select design districts in the capital and attend some of the special events highlighted in the ID Satellite Map which can be downloaded from the website –www.indiadesignid.com
- Some of the events to look out for are :
- DESIGN CONCEPTS: Wine & Cheese + Band on 7th Feb;
- EXHIBIT_D BY GAUTAM DHAWAN: Showcasing its latest collection of accessories_ which include wall installations, mirrors, lights, planters and much more all made with metal, wood and stone at Casa Paradox
- K2 INDIA: Sale 6th to 21st Feb
- DIFFERNITURE: Launch of Topography collection along with Wine & Cheese on 7th Feb 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm;
- FAB INDIA: Organic Tea & Snacks 10th Feb 12 noon onwards;
- HANDMADE WORLD: Outdoor Fest @ 47, Dilli ki Chat and Drinks 5th Feb;
- DWELL DUO: New Collection Launch – NEST on 6th Feb;
- IVANKA LUMIERE: 5th Feb Flat 40% off on all our products
- 11:00 am to 7:00 pm. For any purchase over _ 50,000 a gift pack to Clients
- 15: Wine & Cheese on 6th Feb 11:00 am to 6:00 pm;
- NUR: 13th Feb Puppet making 11:30 am to 12:30 pm and Design your own bag 3.30 pm to 4.30 pm (for kids);
- OLIVIA DAR: New Collection Launch on 6th Feb;
- SHADES OF INDIA: Upto 50% discount for the whole week